InstallationIncluded with the program is the Microsoft XNA 3.1 redistributable. This MUST be installed in order for the demo to run.
- Unzip the contents of this file into the directory of your choosing
- Run xnafx31_redist.msi (XNA 3.1 Redistributable, included in download)
- Ensure that your DirectX is up to date via Windows Update. DirectX 9.0c redistributable may be required as well if you don't have it already (if you've installed a game in the last few years, you probably have it).
- Run Kingdom\Kingdom.exe to run the demo
- A video card supporting Shader 2.0 (pretty much any video card in the past 5 years)
- XNA 3.1 Redistributable
- DirectX 9.0c Redistributable
The DemoThis executbale loads a geodesic grid containing 642 cells. 12 of these are pentagons while the rest are hexagons. The grid is derived from a subdivided icosahedron. While I am able to generate grids of arbitrary size, that's not demonstrated here (grid is built as an XNA Content Pipeline project, not at run time)
ControlsA simple first person camera is implemented. Use the keyboard arrow keys and right mouse button to move the camera. Shift + up/down will move the camera vertically.
Left clicking tiles on the map will increment their texture page.
NotesThanks for checking out the demo. Feel free to contact me either on Facebook or at email@example.com
I'll start putting together a roadmap for future development soon.